Monday, February 04, 2008

Deadlines

Both the end of the month and the beginning of the month are difficult. I have manuscripts going out and manuscripts coming in, and getting everything situated takes a few days. Authors also call incessantly during these times. But that's okay. They usually have good questions that need good answers. I'm finding that work goes home with me at the end of the month and at the beginning of the month. Not so bad since I'm a workaholic. God made six working days and one day for rest. I can live with that, so long as I can work on the six!

I have a deadline of 115 pages tomorrow. I'm about halfway there. I finished a children's book, two juvenile books, and twelve pages of a novel about the Holy Mother today. I thought the Miriam book would be spotless, but it turns out the guy's sentence structure is a bit too fancy for its own good. Like, so fancy it doesn't even make sense fancy. So, we'll work with that.

I should get some rest.

No comments: