Wednesday, April 30, 2008

At Month's End

Listening to: "Sonata for keyboard in D minor, K. 434 (L. 343): P.498"
(Bach Station)

Hot.

So...

I finished all of my work for the month about thirty minutes ago. The only thing I didn't do was check for commonly misused words in one of my manuscripts. I didn't do this because as I was composing an email to the author, I accidentally sent it, which meant she expected the manuscript to follow shortly. So I went ahead and just sent it, along with a complete email.

Work accomplished this month: 10 new books (359,879 words), 8 cleanups (old books moving toward layout), 10 ready for layouts (completed, filed, and moving on!)

I dare say that's pretty good work.

I am starting on a book for next month as soon as I finish this post. The authors...men from the church I used to attend in Norman. Crazy. I don't know them well; however, we did meet when they came to visit Tate. Their book (co-authored in case you didn't figure that out) is a mystery, which I'm thrilled about, as I love mysteries. So I should get started. But first...

A team of us editors ran in the OKC Marathon Relay last Sunday, and we were awesome. Granted we came in AFTER teams with names like "Eating Your Dust" and "Not Gonna Make It," but we DID finish, and as previously stated, we were awesome. Just check out Ben's get up and try to tell me we weren't.


I'm trying to get Collin excited about the "rock 'n' roll" half marathon in San Antonio in November. I think I'm really into this running thing. (Thanks be to Julie and her willingness to share her Runner magazines with me!)

No comments: