Thursday, February 15, 2007

Need More Coffee

I find myself more angry this semester when students aren't prepared. The thing that's crazy is that they have attitude with me when they're not prepared. I guess I've dealt with this for years, but sometimes I get more of it, and that's what it feels like right now. Maybe my patience has just run thin. As Mr. Strickland's wife, Miz Liz, would say, "My purse of forgiveness is empty." I guess my "purse of forgiveness" should never be entirely empty. And really it's not. I do care for these kids. But sometimes .... man oh man.

1 comment:

Norman said...

During any given discussion section for freshman micro, a majority of the students have no idea what's going on, what's been talked about in the lecture, or (sometimes) what their TA's name is.